An award-winning writer and editor who loves to highlight what makes life worth living, Amanda Finn is a hardworking creative mind. She enjoys cultivating the journalism field and watching as digital media transforms the storytelling landscape.
Finn Writes LLC | 2018 – Present
- Publishes freelance articles in national and local publications.
- Creates content for small business clients.
- Manages social media for small businesses.
- Collaborates on social media posts with digital organizations.
Wisconsin Media Manager
Community Outreach Group | 2020 – 2021 (contract)
- Worked with media on behalf of Planned Parenthood of WI.
- Crafted all internal communications for PPWI and PPAWI.
- Wrote script copy as needed.
- Collaborated on advertorial copy and content.
- Built a new Wisconsin/regional press contacts database.
Illinois Editor and Venue Relations
Footlights | 2018 – 2020
- Helped launch the Footlights Five video series.
- Curated the Footlights social media efforts for Chicagoland.
- Worked with Illinois performing arts companies to ensure on-time playbill publication.
- Doubled site traffic with consistent editorial content.
- Edited freelancers as needed.
Arts and Lifestyle Reporter
Wisconsin State Journal | 2016 – 2018
- Covered local events with preview coverage.
- Interviewed celebrities who were coming to town.
- Pitched story ideas to the features editor weekly.
DePaul University – M.A. in writing, rhetoric, and discourse 2021-2022
DePaul University – Certificate in women and gender studies 2021-2022
Ripon College – B.A. in theatre, English, & film/media studies 2010-2014 | Magna Cum Laude
International Food, Wine and Travel Writers Association: 2021
Wisconsin Newspaper Awards: 2017, 2017, 2016
Harrison I. Steans Graduate Fellow – 2021-2022
- Worked with the American Theatre Critics Association to develop equity, diversity, and inclusion resources. With these valuable resources, critics are better able to write equitably.
National Critics Institute – 2015
- Spent two weeks learning from renowned critics, receiving feedback on our writing, and networking with other fellows.